Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/12 23:09:37 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Netbeans 10.0 (incubating) [vote candidate 3]

Hi all,

Well, Apache NetBeans 10.0vc3 has been out for more than 72 hours and we
have 3 binding votes and 7 non binding ones. This means that the Apache
NetBeans 10.0vc3 has passed the PPMC voting phase. An IPMC voting thread
is going to be started soon.

3 binding +1 votes:

  * Josh Juneau (http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=javajuneau)
  * Eric BARBONI (http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=skygo)
  * Junichi Yamamoto (http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=junichi11)

7 +1 votes (PPMC members shown with their Apache ID link):

  * Jaroslav Tulach (http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=jtulach)
  * Mark Struberg (http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=struberg)
  * Laszlo Kishalmi (http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=lkishalmi)
  * Geertjan Wielenga (http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=geertjan)
  * Jens Hofschröer
  * Ricardo Pacheco
  * Ludovic HOCHET

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Netbeans 10.0 (incubating) [vote candidate 3]

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.
Happy to clarify this.

+1 means +1
In regards to the things to look at during a vote (legal stuff, valid content, etc) it should not make any difference whether a person is a contributor, a committer or even an ASF member.
The only difference is whether the +1 is formally counted as binding or not.

This very vote was for the podling itself. As mentor (and thus PPMC member) I have a binding voice for the podling vote.

And by virtue of also being an IPMC member this is as well a binding IPMC +1 for the IPMC vote to follow.
Geertjan has correctly noted that on the IPMC voting thread.

All fine, and thanks all for running this release and also a big thanks to all the people who tested and reviewed the release!

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.
I'm sure he meant to but since it wasn't explicitly mentioned, I don't
believe the Release Manager acting on behalf of the PPMC can count the
vote like that.

--emi

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 1:14 PM Geertjan Wielenga

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Yes, I see that as a major advantage to graduating, too. :-)

Working on putting the documents together for that, again, there's no one
in the Apache NetBeans community who wants to stay in the Apache Incubator
forever -- it's just a question of being able to focus on it now that the
release is actually done.

Gj

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.