Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Brian McCallister <br...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/21 05:31:16 UTC

AMQP

FYI: http://www.infoq.com/news/amq

AMQP looks to be an attempt at wire protocol specification like
openwire or stomp.

Probably good for us to look at, though the licensing probably needs
to bounce through licensing@a.o before we do much as it is not
immediately clear if it is okay. I probably is, but I'd love to get
Cliff's opinion.

-Brian

Re: AMQP

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
I liked Hiram's blog today....

http://hiramchirino.com/2006/06/amqp-interesting-start.html

it looks way too early to be able to implement this specification in a
JMS provider yet as there's no standard way to map JMS semantics to
AMQP yet - which would prevent JMS providers from interoperating -
but I'm sure that will come along later.

--

James
-------

Re: AMQP

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
+1 !  BTW IMO the spec is still fuzzy.  I think they need to clarify
it a bit more.  But I think it's something we should be able to
implement really easy.

On 6/20/06, Brian McCallister <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> FYI: http://www.infoq.com/news/amq
>
> AMQP looks to be an attempt at wire protocol specification like
> openwire or stomp.
>
> Probably good for us to look at, though the licensing probably needs
> to bounce through licensing@a.o before we do much as it is not
> immediately clear if it is okay. I probably is, but I'd love to get
> Cliff's opinion.
>
> -Brian

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com