Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Steve Pannier <sp...@jacada.com> on 2002/01/17 18:21:54 UTC

SOAP API question

I have a servlet that accepts SOAP requests over HTTP.  I want to take the
SOAP
Envelope and do with it as I please.  (I don't need the method invoking,
deployment via
wsdd, serializing/deserializing, etc that Axis provides.)  I then want to
generate my own
SOAP response and return it in the HTTP response.

Can Axis (or Apache SOAP) be of any use to me?  Can I use the Axis (or
Apache SOAP) API
to simply parse a SOAP message (or construct a SOAP message), without
having to work
with engines/handlers/providers/etc?

Or would it make more sense to simply use an XML API (for example, xerces)
to parse the
SOAP request (and construct the SOAP response)?

Steve Pannier
Jacada, Inc.
(763) 268-6382
spannier@jacada.com