Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by kumar k <ku...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/24 17:43:54 UTC

regarding wsdl-first example

What is the use case for wsdl-first example?Is a post request submitted to http  server is passed to a web service as soap message?
  Does Location URI tells the address at which http server is listening?
  How it tells which web service should be invoked?

  <http:endpoint service="person:PersonService"
                 endpoint="soap"
                 targetService="person:PersonService"
                 role="consumer"
                 locationURI="http://127.0.0.1:8192/PersonService/"
                 soap="true" />

---------------------------------

---------------------------------
Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Re: regarding wsdl-first example

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 7/25/07, Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be> wrote:
> Right!  When the JSR-181 annotated POJO is deployed, it creates an
> internal endpoint (available from within the ESB).  The HTTP consumer
> endpoint is an external endpoint (available to the outside world).

Yes, in fact this is an important distinction with JBI. The web
service using the servicemix-jsr181 component is not restricted to
exposure via only HTTP. The web service is completely separated from
any protocols and can be exposed using any of the supported binding
components, e.g., servicemix-http, servicemix-jms, servicemix-xmpp,
etc.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
Castor - http://castor.org/

Re: regarding wsdl-first example

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Right!  When the JSR-181 annotated POJO is deployed, it creates an
internal endpoint (available from within the ESB).  The HTTP consumer
endpoint is an external endpoint (available to the outside world).  You
can have a look at this yourself if you connect to ServiceMix using JMX.

Cfr.
http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/15-tutorial-using-jmx-to-look-inside-the-esb.html

Gert

Posted by kumar k <ku...@yahoo.com>.

kumar k wrote:
> What is the use case for wsdl-first example?Is a post request submitted to http server is passed to a web service as soap message?
> Does Location URI tells the address at which http server is listening?
> How it tells which web service should be invoked?
>
> > endpoint="soap"
> targetService="person:PersonService"
> role="consumer"
> locationURI="http://127.0.0.1:8192/PersonService/"
> soap="true" />
>

> ---------------------------------
> Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos & more.

> Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
> Check out fitting gifts for grads at Yahoo! Search.

Building a website is a piece of cake.

Re: regarding wsdl-first example

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Kumar,