Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ch...@chenomx.com on 2004/03/18 07:57:17 UTC

Hello,

I am using frames in my web app not b/c I want to, but b/c I have to.  I
am using the <html:link> tag to with a page attribute to go to my action
class.  I am able to do this successfully from one frameset to another one
using the following link in the menu frame of frameset1:
  Machines

This passes the user onto a new frameset: frameset2.  I have another link
that  is almost identical to the previous one in the menu frame of
frameset2
target="body_content">
  Products

This link does not work, it gives me the "Request[/view] does not contain
handler parameter named action" error.  This is very frustrating.  I know
that the ViewAction has the hanler for the parameter named action b/c I am
able to type the link into the browser address bar and everything behaves
correctly.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

thanks,
c.

Re: Posted by Chris Huisman <ch...@chenomx.com>.
Oh ya if you didn't realize it already, I am using LookupDispatchAction
for my Action.

Another question: could the request be getting lost on the way to the
server b/c of the frames?  I don't think this is the case since the
request of the frame the link is in should get sent to the server and
this holds the "action" parameter, so "action" should be found and the
value of it used to determine which method to call.

This is the action mapping I am using:
        <action
            attribute="viewForm"
            input="pages/products/type.jsp"
            name="viewForm"
            parameter="action"
            path="/view"
            scope="request"
            type="xxx.xxx.xxx.struts.action.ViewAction"
            validate="false">
            <forward name="productList"
path="pages/products/productListing.jsp />
            <forward name="type" path="pages/products/idx_product.htm"
/> <!-- this is a frameset -->
        </action>

where the "type" forward is where:

  Machines

will eventually take the user and the "productList" forward is where:

target="body_content">
  Products
will take the user.