Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Don Ross <dr...@leds.com> on 2003/08/19 17:00:40 UTC

Referencing Tomcat JNDI datasource

Hello,

I am using Tomcat 4.1.18 and have setup a JNDI datasource for database connection pooling.

I would like to reference this datasource from another application that is not running under Tomcat.

In searching the mailing list archive and other forums I found dated information that indicated that this was not possible that I would have to use another database connection pooling utility such as DbConnectionBroker from Javaexchange.com.

Is this still the case with the latest versions of Tomcat?

Has anyone used DbConnectionBroker to provide database connection pooling with Tomcat and in a stand alone application?

Any suggestions on other ways to use a database connection pool with Tomcat and from a stand alone application?

Thanks,

Don