Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jonathan Coles <jc...@rogers.com> on 2008/09/21 23:35:30 UTC

locks caused by aborted svnsync session cannot listed or released

An svnsync session to a mirror repository on my machine was aborted. On
retry I get the error message, "Failed to get lock on destination repos,
currently held by ...".

I tried to use svnadmin lslocks on the repository path. It returns
nothing. How obtuse! There are locks on that repository!  I tried an
svnadmin rmlocks on the repository. Response:  "No paths to unlock
provided". The repository path is all I have as the location of the
lock. What does svnadmin want?

There are other commands for displaying and releasing locks, but they
require a working copy. All I have is two repositories, the remote one
which is the source and my mirror repository, the destination.

To recap: *svnsync* says that there are locks. *svnadmin* says there are
none. Mirroring of the repository is no longer possible. Is there a way
out, short of destroying the destination repository and starting over?

Re: locks caused by aborted svnsync session cannot listed or released

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.

Posted by Jonathan Coles <jc...@rogers.com>.