Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mark Russell <ma...@instantiations.com> on 2007/10/05 17:47:44 UTC

Store external files

I have a need to write files during a maven plugin run that will be read on the next run of maven.
What is the best practice for the location of these kind of files?

What is the best practice for the location of temporary files?
--
Mark Russell
Instantiations, Inc.

Re: Store external files

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 10/5/07, Mark Russell <ma...@instantiations.com> wrote:

> I have a need to write files during a maven plugin run that will be read on the next run of maven.
> What is the best practice for the location of these kind of files?
>
> What is the best practice for the location of temporary files?

Take a look at the way the release plugin works... release:prepare
puts files (release.properties, etc.)  in the base directory, then
release:perform uses it in a subsequent execution.

If you do this, be sure your project has a 'clean' goal that can
delete whatever files it might have written.

--
Wendy