Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Bob Morley <rm...@emforium.com> on 2009/12/31 19:55:40 UTC

AcctgTransEntry population of related entities (partyId, roleTypeId, etc)

We are trying to understand the proper usage for the accounting transaction /
entries as they relate to the related entities such as partyId, invoiceId,
shipmentId, etc.  What I do not understand is when the related entities
should be populated on the acctgTransEntry entity.  The specific example I
am looking at is the creation of an INCOMING_PAYMENT (by the
createAcctgTransAndEntriesForIncomingPayment service).

This service is invoked when a payment's status is set to RECEIVED (via
SECA).  What I do not understand is that while the acctgTrans entity has the
partyId set and the roleTypeId set to BILL_TO_CUSTOMER the acctgTransEntity
does not have the similar partyId/roleTypeId populated.  In other
transactions the entities partyId does get populated (for example a
PAYMENT_APPL transaction and various sales related transaction types).

Is it possible that this is a bug in the creation of INCOMING_PAYMENT type
transaction entries?