Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alfredo Solano Martinez <su...@terra.es> on 2001/03/06 22:16:36 UTC

getSession(true)

Greetings,

    does anyone please know why Tomcat (3.2)  takes 20 seconds to create a
session? ( God, this LONG time makes the connection pooling absurd! )

Thx in advance

Session timeout with security bug?

Posted by Kevin McDonald <kt...@io.com>.
I'm using FORM based authentication and I set my session-timeout to 1.
After 2 minutes I hit a protected page and the session ID changed,
I lost my session objects, but Tomacat didn't make me reauthenticate.
Has anybody else seen this?
Is there a config setting for this?

Tomcat 3.2.1 jdk1.2.2

Thanx,
Kevin

Re: getSession(true)

Posted by Alfredo Solano Martinez <su...@terra.es>.
Hi again,

I'm in a Debian Linux 2.2 with Blackdown JDK1.3, in a PII-333. Anyway, i'll
try 3.2.1. Can you guys please tell me your times? I'll apreciate it in
order to choose the server the app will be later on.

Thx

Re: getSession(true)

Posted by "T. Park" <tp...@borland.com>.
I haven't seen this sort of delay on 3.2.1 - what environment are you running
tomcat in?

My response time is around a second (as far as I can tell) - I'm using JDK
1.3.0 on Windows NT 4.0 on
an Intel 550Mhz PIII laptop.

-Thom

http://www.borland.com/newsgroups