Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Jason Gustafson <ja...@confluent.io> on 2016/04/06 01:59:16 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-52: Kafka Connect Control APIs

I'd like to open the vote on KIP-52, which adds several control APIs to
Kafka Connect:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-52%3A+Connector+Control+APIs.
Compared to some of the other active KIPs, this is a relatively small
feature, but it makes administration of Connect clusters much easier. If
adopted, I'm hoping to get this into 0.10.

Thanks!
Jason

Re: [VOTE] KIP-52: Kafka Connect Control APIs

Posted by Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ew...@confluent.io>.
+1

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 5:12 PM, Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io> wrote:

> +1
>
> Super useful, thanks Jason.
>
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 4:59 PM, Jason Gustafson <ja...@confluent.io>
> wrote:
>
> > I'd like to open the vote on KIP-52, which adds several control APIs to
> > Kafka Connect:
> >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-52%3A+Connector+Control+APIs
> > .
> > Compared to some of the other active KIPs, this is a relatively small
> > feature, but it makes administration of Connect clusters much easier. If
> > adopted, I'm hoping to get this into 0.10.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Jason

Ewen

Re: [VOTE] KIP-52: Kafka Connect Control APIs

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
+1

Posted by Jason Gustafson <ja...@confluent.io>.
Thanks to all who voted. Looks like this KIP passes with +5 (binding), and
+1 (non-binding).

-Jason

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Jason Gustafson <ja...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
-- Guozhang

Re: [VOTE] KIP-52: Kafka Connect Control APIs

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@confluent.io>.
+1

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 7:53 PM, Jay Kreps <ja...@confluent.io> wrote:

> +1
>
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 4:59 PM, Jason Gustafson <ja...@confluent.io>
> wrote:
>
> > I'd like to open the vote on KIP-52, which adds several control APIs to
> > Kafka Connect:
> >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-52%3A+Connector+Control+APIs
> > .
> > Compared to some of the other active KIPs, this is a relatively small
> > feature, but it makes administration of Connect clusters much easier. If
> > adopted, I'm hoping to get this into 0.10.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Jason

Neha

Re: [VOTE] KIP-52: Kafka Connect Control APIs

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@confluent.io>.
+1