Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Vishal <ba...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/19 08:09:54 UTC

Integrate GoogleAnalytics to flex air application on Desktop platform

Hi All Flex Gurus,

Is there any third party library by the help of which I can integrate
GoogleAnalytics into my flex air application meant for the desktop platform.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Regards
Vishal Kumar

Re: Integrate GoogleAnalytics to flex air application on Desktop platform

Posted by Vishal <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi Om,

Is there any mechanism to show the application version to the analytics
webservice as the ANE made for the mobile application does.

Apart from that, also is there any way through which we can track the page
load time (i.e from the time it is clicked to the time it is created).

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vishal <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi Om,

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vishal <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi Om,

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
You can use the 'as3 mode' to avoid any javascript calls.

Follow the instructions here:
https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/other/flashTrackingSetupFlex#anAnalyticsExample2

When you are tracking an event, you simply call:

trackEvent <http://gaforflash.googlecode.com/svn/documentation/com/google/analytics/components/FlexTracker.html#trackEvent%28%29>(category:String,
action:String, label:String = null, value:Number):Boolean

You can use the label and value parameters to send anything you want to
track.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Om