Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Abhijeet Kushe <ab...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/10 22:01:11 UTC

Why does HazelcastSedaConsumer no implement ShutdownAware interface in Camel

I wanted to know why the HazelCastSedaConsumer the 2.x or 3.x version does
not implement ShutdownAware interface which is implemented by
Camel-SedaConsumer
<http://camel.apache.org/maven/current/camel-core/apidocs/org/apache/camel/component/seda/SedaConsumer.html>
.
We wanted to automate the gracelshutdown feature of one our services which
uses Camel and Hazelcast but we are blocked because we cannot find the
pendingInflightExchanges.We can extend the consumer where we implement that
service and maintaining the exchange count separately but it would have
been good if the Hazelcast themselves were implemented
But before beginning our implementation I wanted to know if there is a
specific reason for not implementing it or it was a miss

--
Thanks & Regards
Abhijeet S Kushe

Re: Why does HazelcastSedaConsumer no implement ShutdownAware interface in Camel

Posted by Claus Straube <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

that's exatly the point. If you use Hazelcast (for seda queing), you'll do
it, because need the cluster functionality. If you don't need that - don't
use the Hazelcast component for this case. If you need a cluster, then you
'll have normally more than one node. When you shut down one of them, it
should not wait on pending exchanges, because the active nodes can handle
those.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.