Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Per Olesen <po...@nordija.com> on 2003/09/21 21:28:01 UTC

Q: Is it okay to include a jarfile as testdata in project?

Hi,

I'm writing some testcases for my ejbclientjar task, and for that, I need a
ejb file, packaged as a jar. This is input to my task and hereby to the test.

In this regard, I have a question:

1) Would it be okay to include a *binary* file like a ejb jarfile under
"src/etc/testcases/taskdefs/optional/ejb" as it is test input?, or

2) Can I instead include sources for an ejb, which I build as a part of the
test, and then use as input? At first, this seems like the best solution, but
as ejb sources reference "javax.ejb", these classes will be needed for
compiling the testcase then.

Can any of you advice on the best way to do this?

Regards, Per

--
Per Olesen @ Nordija A/S - www.nordija.com - main#: +45 70 20 25 10
email: polesen@nordija.com - cell#: +45 23 38 95 81

AW: Is it okay to include a jarfile as testdata in project?

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@antbuild.com>.

>I'm writing some testcases for my ejbclientjar task, and for that, I need a
>ejb file, packaged as a jar. This is input to my task and hereby to the
test.

>In this regard, I have a question:

>1) Would it be okay to include a *binary* file like a ejb jarfile under
>"src/etc/testcases/taskdefs/optional/ejb" as it is test input?, or

this is OK

>2) Can I instead include sources for an ejb, which I build as a part of the
>test, and then use as input? At first, this seems like the best solution,
but
>as ejb sources reference "javax.ejb", these classes will be needed for
>compiling the testcase then.

sounds even better. ant's build.xml will need a new selector to decide
whether this testcase can be compiled.