Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Kurt Kavanaugh <kk...@teletrol.com> on 2008/08/14 21:38:37 UTC

RPC in DOCUMENT Out

Axis 2 question

Is there an off the shelf solution for a web service client to bind and
invoke a RPC style method with a DOCUMENT style return?

XMLDocument myDoc = a.getData( "test" ); // pseudo client code

Standard message receiver, services.xml WSDL, stuff.

Thanks for reading and considering

Kurt

-

RE: RPC in DOCUMENT Out

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
try ..

call the RPC service
<service name="Version">
    <description>
        This service is to get the running Axis version
    </description>
    <parameter name="ServiceClass">sample.axisversion.Version</parameter>
    <operation name="getVersion">
    <messageReceiver  class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCMessageReceiver" />
    </operation>
</service>

..write to DB...
then redirect to DocumentOut

<service name="DocumentOut">
        <messageReceivers>
            <messageReceiver mep="http://www.w3.org/ns/wsdl/in-only" class="org.example.www.wsdltest.DocumentUnwrappingTestServiceMessageReceiverInOnly"/>
            <messageReceiver mep="http://www.w3.org/ns/wsdl/in-out" class="org.example.www.wsdltest.DocumentUnwrappingTestServiceMessageReceiverInOut"/>
            <messageReceiver mep="http://www.w3.org/ns/wsdl/robust-in-only" class="org.example.www.wsdltest.DocumentUnwrappingTestServiceMessageReceiverRobustInOnly"/>

other ideas?
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note

Subject: RPC in DOCUMENT Out
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 15:38:37 -0400
From: kkavanaugh@teletrol.com
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org

Axis 2 question

Is there an off the shelf solution for a web service client
to bind and invoke a RPC style method with a DOCUMENT style return?

XMLDocument myDoc = a.getData( “test” ); //
pseudo client code

Standard message receiver, services.xml WSDL, stuff.

Thanks for reading and considering

Kurt

-

Get Windows Live and get whatever you need, wherever you are.  Start here.
http://www.windowslive.com/default.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Home_082008

RE: RPC in DOCUMENT Out

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
any examples in the latest distro?.. if not can someone put an example in the latest distro?
(most of the examples/doc I have seen mention either RPC or DocLiteral but not both)

Thanks Deepal
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note

> Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 19:08:09 -0400
> From: deepal@opensource.lk
> To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
> Subject: Re: RPC in DOCUMENT Out
>

> > Axis 2 question
> >

> > Is there an off the shelf solution for a web service client to bind
> > and invoke a RPC style method with a DOCUMENT style return?
> >
> If it is RPC Lit then you can probably do that.
> >

> > XMLDocument myDoc = a.getData( “test” ); // pseudo client code
> >

> > Standard message receiver, services.xml WSDL, stuff.
> >
> When it come to Axis2 client side you do not need to worry about the
> Message Receiver , you can  either
>  - Generate the client side code
>  - Or You can code ServiceClient to do that for you
>
> Thank you!
> Deepal
> >

> > Thanks for reading and considering
> >

> > Kurt
> >

> > -

> Deepal
> http://blogs.deepal.org/

Talk to your Yahoo! Friends via Windows Live Messenger.  Find out how.
http://www.windowslive.com/explore/messenger?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_messenger_yahoo_082008

Re: RPC in DOCUMENT Out

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
> Axis 2 question
>

> Is there an off the shelf solution for a web service client to bind
> and invoke a RPC style method with a DOCUMENT style return?

If it is RPC Lit then you can probably do that.

> XMLDocument myDoc = a.getData( “test” ); // pseudo client code
>

> Standard message receiver, services.xml WSDL, stuff.

When it come to Axis2 client side you do not need to worry about the
Message Receiver , you can  either
 - Generate the client side code
 - Or You can code ServiceClient to do that for you

Thank you!
Deepal

> Thanks for reading and considering
>

> Kurt