Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Dave <fl...@dewrox.com> on 2012/02/01 16:17:26 UTC

Re: Board report due tomorrow

On 1/31/2012 10:40 AM, Omar Gonzalez wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 9:34 AM, Jeffry Houser<je...@dot-com-it.com>wrote:
>
>> On 1/31/2012 12:27 PM, Greg Reddin wrote:
>>
>>> * Adding some new committers. Greg
>>>

>>   Is that a current goal of the project or am I somehow taking that out of
>> context?
>>
>>   I figured we'd want to have code committed and at least a first release
>> before we try to get more committers.
>>

>> --
>> Jeffry Houser
>> Technical Entrepreneur
>> 203-379-0773
>> --
>> http://www.flextras.com?c=104
>> UI Flex Components: Tested! Supported! Ready!
>> --
>> http://www.theflexshow.com
>> http://www.jeffryhouser.com
>> http://www.asktheflexpert.com
>> --
>> Part of the DotComIt Brain Trust
>>

> I would think seeking out and adding new committers would, and probably
> should, always be something we're trying to do. There are a lot of
> passionate Flex developers out there, it would be not wise to not include
> them asap.
>
> That said, I'll trust Greg and the other mentors on their advice. ;)
>
> -omar

I would agree with Omar, if you do not grab up the interested committers
now you run the risk of loosing their enthusiasm and thereby them as
committers.

One other thing to note:  without all of the swc's source (even the air
swc's )  we are still limited by adobe on what we can do with this and
how far we can take it.

-Dave