Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Rob <se...@verizon.net> on 2009/10/04 21:13:36 UTC

Handling Message That Crashes Consumers

I've been doing some scenario research have a question:

If I have a message that is crashing all of my consumers, how do I
detect and delete this message?

Thanks

Re: Handling Message That Crashes Consumers

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 1:13 PM, Rob <se...@verizon.net> wrote:
> I've been doing some scenario research have a question:
>
> If I have a message that is crashing all of my consumers, how do I detect
> and delete this message?

The broker tracks the number of times a message has been redelivered.
Once a message has hit the maximum number of redeliveries, the message
is considered to be a poison message and it is sent to the dead letter
queue for manual handling. See the following for more information:

http://activemq.apache.org/message-redelivery-and-dlq-handling.html

Bruce
);'

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/