Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Ionut Ignatescu <io...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/17 06:08:15 UTC

HBase 0.94.9 and Java 7

Hi all,

Most probably this question was asked multiple times until now: I have to
configure a new HBase cluster and I thought about using HBase 0.94.9 and
JDK 7.

Does anyone have some tests on this version? It is expected to work better
than with JDK 1.6?
I am looking forward to hear you input!
Thanks!

Re: HBase 0.94.9 and Java 7

Posted by Adrien Mogenet <ad...@gmail.com>.
Guys from Sematext have done some studies, especially about the new GC
supplied with Java7. AFAIK no real issue has been spotted so far.

--
Adrien Mogenet
http://www.borntosegfault.com