Posted to dev@rya.apache.org by Adina Crainiceanu <ad...@usna.edu> on 2019/11/11 20:31:29 UTC

[DISCUSS] roadmap for Rya

Hi all,

Several times the subject of a roadmap for Rya came up. I think it is time
(maybe past time) to talk about this.

What do people want to see in this roadmap, to make Rya more useful and
easy to use? Also, what are the issues that people are willing to work on?
As all Apache projects, people participate in Rya as volunteers (sometimes
paid sometimes not) and everyone has a voice in what should be or what gets
accomplished.

Some things I think should be on the roadmap:

-update dependencies (e.g. Accumulo)
-SPARQL standard compliant end-point
-improved documentation
-formally decide and document what is the Rya public API, so release
numbers will follow sember versioning https://semver.org/

Thoughts?

Adina
--