Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Judith Hartman <ju...@yahoo.com> on 2013/07/27 22:48:19 UTC

dev@openoffice.apache.org

My husband and I downloaded the above software as our Mac never came with any type of word processor. Amazon offered this software: dev@openoffice.apache.org
but we need a manual so we can use its features. We have tried to figure out the different things to do but no idea how to use columns, tabs, etc. So any  help would be very appreciated.
Thank you,
Judith Hartman

Re: dev@openoffice.apache.org

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
sebb wrote:
> Maybe the link to the user documentation should be a lot more obvious
> on the download page ... or could the download process take the user
> to the documentation area while (or after) the download completes?

OpenOffice has a convenient "Help" menu that displays a 440K-words
help... So I guess it's just a matter of attitude!

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: dev@openoffice.apache.org

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Clarence M Weaver <cm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hello Judith,

Judith Hartman schrieb:
> My husband and I downloaded the above software as our Mac never came
> with any type of word processor. Amazon offered this software:
> dev@openoffice.apache.org but we need a manual so we can use its
> features. We have tried to figure out the different things to do but
> no idea how to use columns, tabs, etc. So any  help would be very
> appreciated. Thank you, Judith Hartman

Tutorials for Apache OpenOffice 4.0 are not finished. You find some
starts in http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Category:Documentation/Draft.

Another good reference are the "Tutorials" sections of the forum
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/

You are likely looking for basics. In this case you can use older
tutorials and tutorials for LibreOffice as well. Those were produced by
"odfauthors" http://www.odfauthors.org. You need not to have a login for
getting the published files.

Do not hesitate to ask. Find ways to support on
http://www.openoffice.org/support/

Kind regards
Regina