Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/16 06:56:25 UTC

Re: Unit tests

On 6/21/05, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Integration testing is always going to be slower, especially because
> we now pay the HiveMind startup costs repeatedly.  I run > 1200 unit
> tests, most with EasyMock, in about 30 seconds.  Add in the 30-35
> integration tests and we're up to five minutes.

I couldn't figure out an easy way to run all the tests in eclipse so I
whipped up a really simple class using junit-addons.

Reading the above, I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong though.

I have a class that grabs every non abstract test class in the project
and runs them:

Runs: 1463/1463 Errors: 0 : Failures: 0 Time: 132.906 seconds

And another that runs all but TestMocks:

Runs: 1423/1423 Errors: 0 : Failures: 0 Time: 26 seconds

And another that runs only TestMocks:

Runs: 40/40 Errors: 0 : Failures: 0 Time: 116.453 seconds

Is 1463 is the right total number of tests? I'm looking at 2.21
minutes to run them all.

And, Howard how are you running the tests in Eclipse? I want to do a
comparison to see if it's really the junit addons method or if its
just because I have a fast machine here.

Geoff

--
The Spindle guy.           http://spindle.sf.net
Get help with Spindle:

Re: Unit tests

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.
On 10/16/05, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> JUnit from Eclipse: If you use the "Run ..." menu and chose a JUnit
> launch configuration, you can see on the first tab a way to say "all
> tests in project".

That didn't work for me which is why I switched to the JUnit addons.
TestMocks would not launch.

Plus it was very easy to come up with classes that would run all, just fast,
just slow, tests.

Geoff

Those times and numbers are about what I get on my laptop.

Re: Unit tests

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Unit tests

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.