Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "alessio.ronchi@inwind.it" <al...@inwind.it> on 2003/04/04 12:25:33 UTC

XML not read under iPlanet/UNIX

Hi All !!!

I've got a problem using log4j under iPlanet/UNIX.

I've got Log4j running perfectly under Tomcat/Windows, but moving the same application under iPlanet/UNIX the problem is that my XML configuration file is not read at all.

I checked that:
1) I'm sure that DOMConfigurator.configureAndWatch looks for the correct file because renaming my xml file I obtain a different error.
2) I'm quite sure that my XML file is not read because if I vulountarely introduce an error in my XML file I do NOT get any exception by the DOMConfigurator.configureAndWatch.
3) I think that the problem could be iPlanet because a simple example outside iPlanet runs.

Be aware that the path I introduce in DOMConfigurator.configureAndWatch is an absolute path, like:
/export/home/myDir/log4j.xml

Any any any suggestion is really really appreciated.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,
Alessio
(alessio.ronchi@inwind.it)