Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Romain Smordowski <ro...@formaltis.fr> on 2012/05/18 11:12:49 UTC

Reasearch on comment

Hello,
After reasearch on the Internet, I did not find any way to find a project
revision dipending on the comment.
It seems that this functionnality is not yet present in subversion (I did
not find an other place to ask for that).

What I would like is to be able to look in a whole project the commits with
a particular comment (may be with reguar expression). At work we often use
specific comment (such as support issue number) so looking to the
modifications that were done to answer a tocket would save a lot of time.

--

 *Romain SMORDOWSKI*
*Ingénieur d'étude*

ros@formaltis.fr
*Tél. : 03 20 76 11 76*

 <http://www.formaltis.fr/>
113 avenue Jean Lebas
59100 Roubaix (plan)<http://maps.google.fr/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=fr&geocode=&q=113+avenue+Jean+Lebas+59100+Roubaix&aq=&sll=46.75984,1.738281&sspn=12.902732,33.815918&vpsrc=0&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=113+Avenue+Jean+Baptiste+Lebas,+59100+Roubaix,+Nord,+Nord-Pas-de-Calais&t=m&z=16>

RE: Reasearch on comment

Posted by Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com>.
> Hello,
> After reasearch on the Internet, I did not find any way to find a project
> revision dipending on the comment.
> It seems that this functionnality is not yet present in subversion (I did not
> find an other place to ask for that).
>

> What I would like is to be able to look in a whole project the commits with a
> particular comment (may be with reguar expression). At work we often use
> specific comment (such as support issue number) so looking to the
> modifications that were done to answer a tocket would save a lot of time.

You can do it, but you have to bring the log down, perhaps in XML.

But, you might want to look into a serverside repo searching tool like FishEye.

BOb

Re: Reasearch on comment

Posted by tsteven4 <ts...@gmail.com>.
On 5/18/2012 2:01 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On May 18, 2012, at 04:12, Romain Smordowski wrote:
>
>> After reasearch on the Internet, I did not find any way to find a project revision dipending on the comment.
>> It seems that this functionnality is not yet present in subversion (I did not find an other place to ask for that).
> This is a good place to ask the question.
>
> You're right, Subversion doesn't have a search feature. There are third-party products you can use for that. You could even build one. They work by indexing your commits as they happen, using a post-commit hook. FishEye is a commenrial product I've heard of that I think does what you want (though I've never used it), but I'm sure there are others, possibly even open source or at least free ones.
>
> http://www.atlassian.com/software/fisheye/overview
>

>> What I would like is to be able to look in a whole project the commits with a particular comment (may be with reguar expression). At work we often use specific comment (such as support issue number) so looking to the modifications that were done to answer a tocket would save a lot of time.
> This specific feature is usually implemented the other way around: in a post-commit hook, you parse the commit message for the ticket number. If found, you insert a comment into the ticket (hopefully your issue tracker has an API to do that) linking back to this revision (in a web-based Subversion revision viewer, which you'll probably also want a separate piece of software for, such as WebSVN, Trac, ViewVC, etc.).

trac can do this.
http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracSearch

Re: Reasearch on comment

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.