Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Veit Guna <ve...@gmx.de> on 2006/05/15 22:01:49 UTC

s:graphicImageDynamic and IE caching

Hi.

I'm using the sandbox s:graphicImageDynamic tag to dynamically display
images with myfaces. It works so far, but one problem I encountered in
combination with the IE (FF works):

Because the tag uses always the same url to render the image, the IE is
a little bit confused and shows the last displayed image when using the
back button in the browser. Although the "real" image before was another
one. I tried to use:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="PRAGMA" CONTENT="NO-CACHE" />
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="-1" />

But that didn't work out. A manual reload "fixes" the problem.

Does someone had the same problem and found a solution?

regards,
Veit

Re: s:graphicImageDynamic and IE caching

Posted by Veit Guna <ve...@gmx.de>.
Do you mean adding this as meta tag or through setting it in the headers?

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
just a quick shot...
tried

"Cache-control: private"