Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by lohit <lo...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/21 08:23:57 UTC

ZooKeeper timeout

Hello,

I tried to set zookeeper timeout to 300s in hbase via config
variable, zookeeper.session.timeout
But when region server starts, I still see that zookeeper timeout is 40s. I
see this message

011-05-20 14:57:01,454 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Session
establishment complete on server machine1.lab, sessionid =
0x1300edae8790064, negotiated timeout = 40000

It looks like we sent request to zookeeper with timeout value, but ZooKeeper
server returns with timeout it decided/negotiated. Is there a way to control
it? I am running ZooKeeper with default timeouts. I even tried to increase
ticktime of zookeeper, but that did not help.

--
Have a Nice Day!
Lohit

Re: ZooKeeper timeout