Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Stefan Klein <st...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/03 15:36:55 UTC

Strange behaviour with 1.6 and bulk_docs

Hi,

I encounter a strange behavior with couchdb 1.6.1 on ubuntu.

I post to _bulk_docs with 4 documents, these documents where in the target
database before but are deleted now.

CouchDB returns:
{
  "ok": true,
  "id": "<the id>",
  "rev": "1-<hash>"
}

for all 4 documents, note, revision starts with "1-".

On the changes feed i also see changes to these documentIds, but these got
different revs (higher) and the documents are deleted.

When i query _all_docs or try to access one of these docs directly i get a
404 {"error":"not_found","reason":"deleted"}

I can't exactly reproduce this, looks like this is only triggered if the
former documents where deleted via our server (which uses nano.destroy()).
Trying to reproduce the behavior using futon to delete the documents didn't
trigger it (yet?).

Anybody seen something like that before and could give me any hint how to
work around?

thanks,
Stefan