Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de> on 2020/01/05 09:17:16 UTC

[VOTE] Apache PLC4X Build-Tools Code-Generation 1.1.0 RC2

Hi folks,

as I uploaded the wrong jars (with the wrapper jar in it) I hereby reopen the Vote with RC2.
Note that nothing changed with the git tags and hashes (same commit still) and staging repo only the staged files are different.

Apache PLC4X Build-Tools Code-Generation 1.1.0 has been staged under [2]
and it’s time to vote on accepting it for release.

All Maven artifacts are available under [1]. Voting will be open for 72hr.

A minimum of 3 binding +1 votes and more binding +1 than binding -1
are required to pass.

Repository: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/plc4x-build-tools.git
Release tag: release/code-generation/1.1.0
Hash for the release tag: 3b21d09085720f8ab48a294da34d7f9b2fb08de3

Per [3] "Before voting +1 PMC members are required to download
the signed source code package, compile it as provided, and test
the resulting executable on their own platform, along with also
verifying that the package meets the requirements of the ASF policy
on releases."

You can achieve the above by following [4].

[ ]  +1 accept (indicate what you validated - e.g. performed the non-RM items in [4])
[ ]  -1 reject (explanation required)

[1] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheplc4x-1019
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/plc4x/build-tools/code-generation/1.1.0/rc2/
[3] https://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release
[4] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/PLC4X/Validating+a+staged+Release

Re: [VOTE] Apache PLC4X Build-Tools Code-Generation 1.1.0 RC2

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Thank you very much Niklas!

Julian
________________________________
* check files for license notice headers (Minor issue NOTICE file
copyright not updated) manually
* check all files by running apache-rat-0.12 for headers with
successfulloutput
* found no binaries :-)
* build successfully from instructions from README
* found no version string with SNAPSHOT or previous version 1.0.0

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hi,

my vote is +1 (binding).

I did:
- Checkout all sources
- Verify Hash and Signatures
- Checked all files (README, RELEASE_NOTES, ...); Minor issue: year in NOTICE not updated to 2020
- Performed mvn clean install without issues
- No unexpected binaries
- No maven wrapper jar!
- No files found without valid header
- Found no SNAPSHOT dependencies

Best
Julian

Am 06.01.20, 09:33 schrieb "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com>:

    HI,

    +1 (binding) but the NOTICE year still needs updating.

    I checked:
    - signatures and hashes are fine
    - LICENSE is OK
    - NOTICE still need year updating
    - No unexpected binary files in the release
    - All source  files have ASF headers
    - Can compile from source

    Thanks,
    Justin

Re: [VOTE] Apache PLC4X Build-Tools Code-Generation 1.1.0 RC2

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
+1 (binding)
However found two minor issues (year in the NOTICE file and the missing "apache-" prefix on the source files)

Chris

I checked:
- Signatures: OK
- Hashes: OK
- Name: The files should have the "apache-" prefix, I think: Not OK (but minor as this can be changed without modifying the RC)
- README is identical to README.txt: OK (even if the name differs slightly)
- RELEASE_NOTES is identical to RELEASE_NOTES.txt: OK (even if the name differs slightly)
- Content of NOTICE, LICENSE, RELEASE_NOTES and README: OK (The notice file has the wrong year 2019 instead of 2020)
- Archive unpacks: OK
- Project builds with instructions in README: OK
- No tests fail: OK ( ;-) )
- No binary content reported by RAT: OK
- No SNAPSHOT references: OK

Posted by Niklas Merz <ni...@apache.org>.