Posted to builds@apache.org by Gav <gm...@apache.org> on 2016/08/10 02:39:40 UTC

[PLANNED OUTAGE] - Jenkins upgrade at builds.a.o

Hi All,

Jenkins - at builds.apache.org is going to be upgraded.

Currently on version 1.6.42.2 and upgrading to 2.7.2 LTS.

I'll guess downtime of an hour or so but I'm not certain how the
many plugins are going to react so its just an estimate. I'll work
on upgrading as many plugins as I can before hand. Some can't
be upgraded until after the fact and some may need to be
disabled before the upgrade. There may be one or two that will
be disabled permanently, not sure yet.

I plan on bringing Jenkins down to replace the .war at 11am so
that's 1am UTC Sunday 14th August 2016.

I will Notify again via twitter 1 hour before.

In order to stop builds safely I will announce a shutdown notice
and stop all new builds from starting 2 hours before this time;
and allow (most) builds in progress to complete gracefully.

HTH

Gav...

Re: [PLANNED OUTAGE] - Jenkins upgrade at builds.a.o

Posted by Gav <gm...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 2:39 PM, Chris Lambertus <cm...@apache.org> wrote:

> Jenkins has been upgraded and returned to service.

Expanding on the actual downtime, ended up being a little over 3 hours
overall as there were many plugin upgrades to perform both before and after
the main instance upgrade, plus initial backup time.

We are now n 2.7.2 LTS and all installed plugins are upto date.

Enjoy!

Gav...

Posted by Chris Lambertus <cm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gav <gm...@apache.org>.