Posted to dev@hudi.apache.org by Shiyan Xu <xu...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/22 00:10:00 UTC

[ATTN] JUnit 5 adoption

Hi all,

We're in progress with JUnit 5 migration for all test classes. So far the
JUnit 5 dependencies (including Mockito) have been added to all modules.
The APIs/modules migration status is shown here
https://github.com/apache/incubator-hudi/pull/1530#issue-405575235

I would like to kindly ask for support from the community in these 2 aspects

- To PR submitters: for newly added test classes, please start using JUnit
5 APIs (org.junit.jupiter.*)
- To PR reviewers: please help look out for the JUnit adopt in the new test
classes

Really appreciate the coordination efforts on this matter.

Thank you.

Regards,
Raymond

Re: [ATTN] JUnit 5 adoption

Posted by vino yang <vi...@apache.org>.
Hi Shiyan,

Thanks for your awesome work!

Will follow you and try to get further work done!

Best,
Vino

Shiyan Xu <xu...@gmail.com> 于2020年4月24日周五 上午9:24写道:

Re: [ATTN] JUnit 5 adoption

Posted by Shiyan Xu <xu...@gmail.com>.

Re: [ATTN] JUnit 5 adoption

Posted by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com>.
Good job Raymond ! and thanks for the reminder.

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 11:42 AM leesf <le...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the reminder, I upgraded the to junit5 for the PR
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-hudi/pull/1536 and will take an eye on
> when reviewing PRs.
>
> Bhavani Sudha <bh...@gmail.com> 于2020年4月22日周三 下午3:31写道:
>
> > +1. Thanks for the update Raymond and great work on the migration.
> >
> > -Sudha
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 10:39 PM Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > > +1 Appreciate the efforts, Raymond!
> > >
> > > [Wondering if there is a way to stick a checkstyle rule to this effect.
> > > guess it won't check for new changes alone, rather complain about
> > existing
> > > junit 4 tests?]

> > the
> > modules.