Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "M.D. DeWar" <ma...@s-wit.net> on 2003/12/11 23:02:03 UTC

[users@httpd] more than one directory per lin

Hello
I want to setup about several dirs that require secret decoder ring to view.
If I use the same .htpasswd file can I put them all in one
statement in the httpd.conf  or does each dir need its own
<directory /some/dir>
 auth basic
    yada
     yada
</directory>

or can I put
<directory /some/dir  another/dir  etc>

Mark

Re: [users@httpd] more than one directory per lin

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.
M.D. DeWar wrote:
> If I use the same .htpasswd file can I put them all in one
> statement in the httpd.conf  or does each dir need its own
> <directory /some/dir>
>  auth basic
>     yada
>      yada
> </directory>
>
> or can I put
> <directory /some/dir  another/dir  etc>

Unless they share a common parent directory, I think you will have to
declare a Directory block for each one. There might be some obscure tricks
(likely to involve mod_rewrite) which could allow you to only have one auth
section, but that's more trouble than it's worth.

Regards,
Robert Andersson