Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by "william.colen@gmail.com" <wi...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/22 22:01:36 UTC

Do you know a Java implementation of Constraint Grammar?

Hi,

[Sorry for the off-topic question]

I need a rule module for my OpenNLP based software (an open source
Portuguese grammar checker).
Maybe a good option is the Constraint
Grammar<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constraint_Grammar>.
I know the VISL CG3 <http://beta.visl.sdu.dk/cg3.html> implementation, that
is in C++, and I could interface it from Java, but it would be easier if I
could find a Java implementation since it will be integrated to a legacy
Java code.
I was suggested to try
JAPE<http://gate.ac.uk/sale/tao/splitch8.html#chap%3ajape>,
but to use it I would have to add Gate as a dependency of the grammar
checker, which adds 4.8 MB to the installer!

Does anybody know another open source option I should take a look?

Thanks,
William