Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Miroslav Pukhalsky <mi...@dekasoft.com.ua> on 2007/09/04 12:07:07 UTC

Trouble with page header

Hi there!

I have a trouble with page header. I nee the next page header:
---------------------------------- -----------
!        Some header text        ! !         !
---------------------------------- ! picture !
                                    !         !
                                    -----------
In the page body I have some set of that constructions:

LONG TABLE CAPTION
!  A large table which are generated durung  !
!  some pages (more than one)                !

In the end PDF document I want to get next view for construction when
this one starts from page top:
---------------------------------- -----------
!        Some header text        ! !         !
---------------------------------- ! picture !
LONG TABLE CAPTION 	           !         !
                                    -----------
!  A large table which are generated durung  !
!  some pages (more than one)                !

and that view for continue table on the next page(s).
---------------------------------- -----------
!        Some header text        ! !         !
---------------------------------- ! picture !
                  	           !         !
                                    -----------
!  A large table which are generated durung  !
!  some pages (more than one)                !

That costruction can start in the any place of page.

Is it possible with FOP 0.93?

I try to do page header height like <Some header text> block height. In
this case picture overflows page header, but on the next page table
header cover the picture.

<fo:block top="-1.25pc" relative-position="relative"> for construction
block is not working. May be do I something wrong?

Regards

Miroslav.

Re: Issue with fo:markers

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.
On Oct 19, 2007, at 21:07, Puppala, Kumar (LNG-CON) wrote:

Hi

> We are transitioning to 0.94 version from 0.20.5. We are noticing an
> issue with fo:markers with the new FOP. If an fo:marker is placed
> directly under an fo:block, it works. But if I place it directly under
> an fo:inline, it does not work.
> Attached with this mail are examples for
> both scenarios (fo and pdf files). I cannot go with the fo:block
> approach since it introduces a new line and hence breaks the text. I
> need to have the text continue on the same line. Any help is
> appreciated.

AFAICT from the code, you have hit a bug here: markers are currently
only working on block-level.
Inline-level FOs don't register their markers in the containing page,
yet.
PageViewport.addMarkers() is only called for blocks, block-
containers, lists, tables and footnotes.

It does not seem too difficult to fix.

I just tried adding the necessary calls to make the inline add its
markers to the current page while adding its areas, just as the block-
level LayoutManagers do. It seems to be working at first glance, so
after some further testing I'll be committing the fix for inlines to
the trunk soon. fo:wrappers are another case to look at.

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers

Andreas

Issue with fo:markers

Posted by "Puppala, Kumar (LNG-CON)" <ku...@lexisnexis.com>.
We are transitioning to 0.94 version from 0.20.5. We are noticing an
issue with fo:markers with the new FOP. If an fo:marker is placed
directly under an fo:block, it works. But if I place it directly under
an fo:inline, it does not work. Attached with this mail are examples for
both scenarios (fo and pdf files). I cannot go with the fo:block
approach since it introduces a new line and hence breaks the text. I
need to have the text continue on the same line. Any help is
appreciated.

Thanks,
Kumar Puppala

Posted by Miroslav Pukhalsky <mi...@dekasoft.com.ua>.
Hello Andreas,

Andreas L Delmelle wrote:
> On Sep 4, 2007, at 12:07, Miroslav Pukhalsky wrote:
>
> Hi
>
>> I have a trouble with page header.
>
> Not sure if I follow, but I see a remote possibility for a solution, but
> it depends on whether the table /always/ starts its own page or not. :/
>
> Maybe you can implement the caption as an fo:marker/fo:retrieve-marker
> pair. Include the marker only somewhere in the first row, so that for
> all but the first page, the reserved space in the page-header will be
> left empty, but still occupied by the header (?)
>

> It's a long shot, but hope it helps.

It is not what I want. The table can start in ANY place on page. The
page can contains more than one table or only table part or previous
table tail and next table begin. And only when table starts from page
begin I need to get my desired view.

>> <fo:block top="-1.25pc" relative-position="relative"> for construction
>> block is not working. May be do I something wrong?
>
> You're not doing anything wrong. IIC, relative-position is not
> implemented, yet.

It's a pity.

Regards,

Miroslav.

Re: Trouble with page header

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.
On Sep 4, 2007, at 12:07, Miroslav Pukhalsky wrote:

Hi

> I have a trouble with page header.

Not sure if I follow, but I see a remote possibility for a solution,
but it depends on whether the table /always/ starts its own page or
not. :/

Maybe you can implement the caption as an fo:marker/fo:retrieve-
marker pair. Include the marker only somewhere in the first row, so
that for all but the first page, the reserved space in the page-
header will be left empty, but still occupied by the header (?)

It's a long shot, but hope it helps.

<snip />