Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2008/01/21 11:10:32 UTC

Error: Failed to create task or type schemavalidate

Dear Ant community,

I'd like to use the <schemavalidate> task with the binary distribution.
What's the name of the JAR file it is located in, and where do I find it?

Thanks a lot in advance!

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

AW: Re: AW: Error: Failed to create task or type schemavalidate

Posted by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de.
> > But you only need that information if you want to access the class
from your java code.
> > For just using in the buildfile no extra work is needed, just use
<schemavalidate>.

> Yes, I call the task from a Java application.

When I use tasks from java code I usually instantiate a private project
and  delegate logging
to my applications logging by overwriting
    public void log(String message, Throwable throwable, int msgLevel)
    public void log(Task task, String message, int msgLevel)
    public void log(Task task, String message, Throwable throwable, int
msgLevel)
    public void log(Target target, String message, int msgLevel)
    public void log(Target target, String message, Throwable throwable,
int msgLevel)

Jan

Re: AW: Error: Failed to create task or type schemavalidate

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Jan,

Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de schrieb:
> There is a mapping file mapping the taskname to its classname:
> 	ANT_HOME\lib\ant.jar ! org\apache\tools\ant\taskdefs\defaults.properties
>
> With the resulting class you have to search in the jars
> 	schemavalidate=org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.SchemaValidate
>
> If you know dependencies you could directly look into ant-<dependencyname>.jar
> 	http://ant.apache.org/manual/install.html#librarydependencies
>
> Here it is in the ant-nodeps.jar.

this works, thanks for the info!