Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Ilya Kuznecov <ku...@blok-caf.ru> on 2003/09/09 10:20:28 UTC

how to install xindice-1.1b1 from ground?

I have gnu/linux station with j2se1.4
Xindice 1.0 worked OK, but it was unuseful with UTF-8 russian language coded
xmls.

1.1b1 is surprisiously non-understand: I've downloaded all (src+war+jar)
files, `tar xzfv ` it into same place but how do next steps?
What packages I need install additionally? jakarta-tomcat?
--
chumpa, Cybernetic Humanoid Used for Mathematics and Potential Assassination
kuznecov@blok-caf.ru       http://chumpa.izhnet.ru     icq 122393064

Re: how to install xindice-1.1b1 from ground?

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Ilya Kuznecov wrote:

>I have gnu/linux station with j2se1.4
>Xindice 1.0 worked OK, but it was unuseful with UTF-8 russian language coded
>xmls.
>
>1.1b1 is surprisiously non-understand: I've downloaded all (src+war+jar)
>files, `tar xzfv ` it into same place but how do next steps?
>What packages I need install additionally? jakarta-tomcat?

If you get CVS version of xindice as of today, you can run it using
"xindice start" command and do not need tomcat, it will use embedded
jetty. If you want to deploy it on something else, then yes, you need to
install this something else first.

(reminder: xindice 1.1 is a web application)

Vadim