Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/13 07:21:03 UTC

Let's move on

All,

The new Apache OpenOffice is ready for you. We cannot and probably do
not want to replicate what we have had here, but we can, I believe,
take the best of it and move on. There is tremendous value in what
we—no, you—have accomplished, and I have no interest, and I doubt you
do, too, in losing it. Actually, I see 2012 as a banner year of
opportunity.

What needs to be done, then, i you want to contribute, and I do encourage that.

* Sign up with the Apache site
* Get started with discussing the future of:

Re: Let's move on

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com>.
oh, dear. I accidentally pressed the wrong button… sigh….
Anyway, I was going on to say that we do need for people interested in
contributing to sign up. But that is just a stat. More importantly, we
need to determine processes to follow, and the includes identifying
where to do the work. It may be within the Apache frame and site, but
it may not; let's see.

Regardless of these very important details, we do need to get going so
that when the new year comes—in a lot less than I'd hope—we can be
fresh.

More to come, but even more if you join us in discussing the options
and desires.

And sorry for clumsiness—

cheers,
Louis