Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Askren, Jay" <ja...@indiana.edu> on 2003/07/30 02:03:29 UTC

activity plugins

I'm trying to get the following reports to work in Maven:

<report>maven-developer-activity-plugin</report>
<report>maven-file-activity-plugin</report>

I'm assuming they use information from the repository section of the
project.xml file to log into CVS.  Where do I put the CVS password so
that Maven can log into CVS and get the activity information?  I'm using
Maven 1.0 beta 9.  Thank you.

Jay

JGraph 2.2.1 upload to ibiblio

Posted by Ben Walding <be...@walding.com>.
FYI: Just uploaded JGraph 2.2.1 jars to ibiblio.

Re: activity plugins

Posted by Andy Jefferson <an...@ajsoft.net>.
On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 01:03, Askren, Jay wrote:
> I'm trying to get the following reports to work in Maven:
>
> <report>maven-developer-activity-plugin</report>
> <report>maven-file-activity-plugin</report>
>

> I'm assuming they use information from the repository section of the
> project.xml file to log into CVS.  Where do I put the CVS password so
> that Maven can log into CVS and get the activity information?  I'm using
> Maven 1.0 beta 9.  Thank you.

Yes, it does use the repository section. I think in general people set
up an anonymous login for their repository. Either way, it wouldn't be
secure to put a password (in clear text) in your project.xml file. What
you need to do is put your login name etc in the repository name and
then do a "cvs login" manually using this login, so that way CVS doesn't
prompt you for the password - and so Maven can access it no problem.

--
Andy