Posted to users@camel.apache.org by nicolasduminil <ni...@simplex-software.fr> on 2016/05/31 12:05:50 UTC

Camel Tracer doesn't work

Hello,

I'm trying to use the Camel Tracer and I set it up, as follows:

    getContext().setTracing(true);
    Tracer tracer = new Tracer();
    tracer.setLogName("c:/temp/camel-trace.log");
    tracer.getDefaultTraceFormatter().setShowProperties(true);
    tracer.getDefaultTraceFormatter().setShowHeaders(false);
    getContext().addInterceptStrategy(tracer);

I look with jConsole and I can see that the tracer is configured as
expected. But it doesn't create any file. Did I miss anything ?

Many thanks in adavance,

Nicolas

Re: Camel Tracer doesn't work

Posted by nicolasduminil <ni...@simplex-software.fr>.
Hi Claus,

Thanks for clarifying that. Reading the doc it didn't appear obviously.

Kind regards,

Nicolas

Re: Camel Tracer doesn't work

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Yes

setLogName is not a file name, but the name of the logger in use, eg
it uses SLF4J API to log with that name.
So you need to configure your slf4j logger to use a file for logging.

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 2:05 PM, nicolasduminil
<ni...@simplex-software.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to use the Camel Tracer and I set it up, as follows:
>
>     getContext().setTracing(true);
>     Tracer tracer = new Tracer();
>     tracer.setLogName("c:/temp/camel-trace.log");
>     tracer.getDefaultTraceFormatter().setShowProperties(true);
>     tracer.getDefaultTraceFormatter().setShowHeaders(false);
>     getContext().addInterceptStrategy(tracer);
>
> I look with jConsole and I can see that the tracer is configured as
> expected. But it doesn't create any file. Did I miss anything ?
>
> Many thanks in adavance,
>
> Nicolas

Claus Ibsen
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus