Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Trevor Smigiel <ts...@cup.hp.com> on 2000/10/27 00:31:02 UTC

HP-UX patch for Xalan C++

Hi,

I would like to submit some patches necessary to get Xalan C++ to
compile on HP-UX.  There are 31 files changed and the addition of
HPUXDefinitions.hpp.  I have some questions:

  Where do I send the patches?

  How much of a description should I provide for the changes I made?
  The changes fall into three areas:
        - Changes to support HPUX (Makefile and a new header)
        - header name changes (e.g. iostreams to iostreams.h and
          surrounded by XALAN_OLD_STREAM_HEADERS)
        - changing some uses of wchar_t to XalanDOMChar (I asked
          about these changes on this mail list and they seem to
          be the correct thing to do.)
        - Changes to adhere to the C++ standard.  (HP's C++ compiler
          is strict.  The changes were mostly to explicitly refer to
          typenames defined in a template base class.)

    I have compiled and tested this code on Linux (and HP-UX of course)
    with my changes.  Is there more testing I should do?

Thanks,
Trevor