Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by mitroiasi <mi...@yahoo.com> on 2009/05/15 15:17:15 UTC

show panelGroup based on Radio button selection

Hi,

I have a problem implementing a requirement in JSF (myFaces + Tomahawk). I
have searched for a solution but without luck.

I want to show a panelGroup based on the radion button selection. If the
"true" option is selected the panelGroup should be shown. this radio button
is connected with a bean property. And also this panelGroup should be shown
when the page is revisited and the bean property is set to true (the "true"
option of the radion button group is also checked).

I hope someone encoutered already this problem and can point me in the right
direction.

RE: show panelGroup based on Radio button selection

Posted by "Knudsen, Joe" <Jo...@state.mn.us>.
Would this work for you?  Have a backing bean that holds the radio
button have a method that returns true when you want the panelGroup
shown and tie that method to the rendered attribute via EL.  To have it
take affect immediately after the radio button is selected add an
onchange attribute to do a submit in Javascript.