Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Michael J. Hudson" <mh...@blueprinttech.com> on 2001/05/08 03:16:48 UTC

Dealing with stateful session beans?

In Apache-SOAP-2.1... I saw and was able to use the EJB example that
came SOAP2.1 successfully contact and perform operations on some of my
own existing session beans.  The example was for a stateless session
bean... and though the bean I called was 'stateful'... I was able to
successfully call a method on it and get something returned.  Just...
no state was kept.

So... then it begs to question... but there is no documentation on
it... how do I go about using the 'StatefulSessionBean' provider that
comes with 2.1 .   And how exactly does SOAP keep that state?  Is
that what SOAPContext is for?   So, even if I were to be able to
write a client using Apache-SOAP-2.1 to keep that stateful session
bean around and do operations on it (through some context or the
like)... how would somebody who doesn't use Apache-SOAP and was
just sending plain SOAP XML back and forth to my server accomplish
this?

So... exactly what do I need to put in the DeploymentDescriptor?
How do I get my client to keep that reference to that instance
of my stateful session bean, so I can call other methods and have
it still keep state?  And in general, how does a SOAP XML document
keep the context/instance of the EJB stateful session that it may
be working on?

Thanks!

P.S.  (I read the digest version... so, if ya want... just
email me directly as well!)

Michael J. Hudson
Software/Framework Engineer
mhudson@blueprinttech.com

Blueprint Technologies
"Great software starts with great architecture"
http://www.blueprinttech.com