Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michael Bouschen <mb...@spree.de> on 2005/11/01 16:19:34 UTC

Re: JDO-195 patch for review (JDO11 RI enhancer support for JDK1.5 classfiles)

Hi Martin,

I added a few comments to the jira issue.

I noticed you added a new java file which seems to have the executable
bit. Are you using subversion with cygwin? We had some issues with the
executable bit and Michelle summarized the result on the JDO wiki. You
find it in the subversion page
(http://wiki.apache.org/jdo/SubversionRepository) in section "Using
subversion on Windows with cygwin".

Regards Michael

> Please review the attached patch for the JDO11 RI enhancer support
> for JDK1.5 classfiles.
>
> There's an open issue whether Signature attributes have to be
> supplied for augmented JDO methods that carry the type of managed
> fields or the PC class as parameter or return.  This patch provides
> support for SignatureAttribute in the enhancer's classfile library
> but does not have the changes to the enhancer's core component to
> generate signatures for the JDO accessor, mutator, and jdoCopyField
> methods.  Once resolved, we might address this by a second patch.
>
> Martin

Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33		Buelowstr. 66
Fax.:++49/30/2175 2012		D-10783 Berlin