Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com> on 1998/01/23 20:28:41 UTC

Communicator under GPL-like licence, other details (fwd)

FYI.

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
At 12:10 PM 1/23/98 -0800, Dean Gaudet wrote:

>On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Marc Slemko wrote:

Depends on your definition of "released to the world".  Can I "release to
the world" but still charge for it?  Put my own copyright and
redistribution terms on it?

	Brian

specialization is for insects				  brian@organic.com

Re: Communicator under GPL-like licence, other details (fwd)

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.
On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Marc Slemko wrote:

All _changes_ have to be distributed.

However, if someone wants to write their own code if they can write an API
so that modules or libraries are just loaded by Communicator, then they
don't have to distribute the source for their modules or libraries, just
for the hooks to put them in.

This is similar to if Apache was GPLed but people could write non-GPLed
modules.

Re: Communicator under GPL-like licence, other details (fwd)

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.

On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Marc Slemko wrote:

Dean