Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Bob Jamison <rj...@lincom-asg.com> on 2000/11/08 21:00:15 UTC

TC4 Q: PageInfoImpl.java & various things

Is PageInfoImpl.java no longer required?  It references

javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.PageInfo

which has not been in any of the recent jakarta-servletapi-4.0
nightly builds.  Should this be taken out, if only temporarily?

I did a fresh CVS checkout to make sure it is in the current tree,
and it is halting a clean build. No other files seem to reference
it.

Also,  (relatively minor)  should 'tyrex' references be added to
build.bat, build.sh, and build.xml?   If it is needed, I suppose
it would need to be included in a <copy> tag.

[ OFF TOPIC ]

On a far different note, I have been looking into what would be
necessary to most cleanly embed Catalina in a C app.
Considering a muli-threaded C environment, where the JVM's
ability to resist de-booting    ;-)    depends on the proper use of
AttachCurrentThread(), it seems safest to try to process a
GET or POST request to Catalina in one function call (plus input and
output
streams, of course).  The bare minimum information would seem to be:

local host
remote host
method (GET,PUT, etc)
headers
URI
query string
references to input and output streams

also, it would seem to be more efficient if the C prog could
process CGI parms, where applicable.

Hopefully,  everything should be parsed & canned before
Catalina gets it.

Can anyone think of anything else that is necessary, or anything
that would preclude a single  C->Java call from properly
processing a servlet/jsp request?

I have already been hammering on a direct-connect JNI connector
module for apache2, and the threading problems seem to be
the only remaining roadblock to finishing this beast.  Thus
the Q.

Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated.  This
is not urgent (imagine someone on the net saying that!),  just
something that would be nice to have.

Bob Jamison
LinCom Corp

Re: TC4 Q: PageInfoImpl.java & various things

Posted by Bob Jamison <rj...@lincom-asg.com>.

Bob Jamison wrote:

> Is PageInfoImpl.java no longer required?  It references
>
> javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.PageInfo
>
> which has not been in any of the recent jakarta-servletapi-4.0
> nightly builds.  Should this be taken out, if only temporarily?

Works now, thanks!

Bob