Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Abdul Jabbar Azam <aj...@nildram.co.uk> on 2003/11/14 11:16:49 UTC

Persistent page properties problem

Hello All,

I've been writing a tapestry application where I've been implementing
wizards.

Each page of each wizard uses persistent page properties to store the users
selections. After the last page of the wizard has been populated then all
the persistent page properties are accessed  and changes are made to the
database.

If the wizard is run again, the the user can see the properties values
entered byu the user, the last time the wizard was run in the current
session.

I need to know how to initialise the persistent page properties back to
their default values before the first page of the wizard is shown.

I've used

cycle.getEngine().forgetPage("ModuloControlGroups");

I've also used

pageRecorder =
cycle.getEngine().getPageRecorder("ModuloControlGroups",cycle);

if (pageRecorder!=null) {
ModuloControlGroups page;
page = (ModuloControlGroups) cycle.getPage("ModuloControlGroups");
pageRecorder.initialize("ModuloControlGroups",cycle);
page.initProperties();
pageRecorder.commit();
}

Has anybody got any other suggestions ? I don't want to store the user
selections in the visit object for each wizard and then remove the
selections after the wizard has finished. It seems more logical to keep the
selections in the page.

I'd like to thank Geoff Longman for Spindle 3. It has saved me an
unbelievable amount of time in creating the .html and .page files. I'm
currently using 3.0.22 with Eclipse 3 M4.

Thanks
--
A Jabbar Azam