Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Danny Robinson <da...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/15 15:21:20 UTC

[TRINIDAD] Eclipse/Ganymede has visual page editing support for Trinidad

All,

I searched back on the forums and there seems to be no mention of this, but
yesterday I came across an optional plug-in that brings visual editing,
component palette and property editing for Trinidad components to the
standard Web Page Editor in Eclipse 3.4 Ganymede release for JavaEE
developers.

I had to go to Software Updates, Available Software, Web Tools (WTP) Update
Side to find the plugin, but once downloaded and my project configured it
seemed to work reasonably well.

Perhaps we should add this information/feature to the Trinidad home page,
given there are few other component libraries that have this.

Related link: http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/
"The JSF Tools Project has added features to improve web application
development productivity. The release provides visual editing support for
Apache MyFaces Trinidad components and enables support for future JSF 2.0
(JSR-314) enhancements such as Facelets."

Regards,

D.

Re: [TRINIDAD] Eclipse/Ganymede has visual page editing support for Trinidad

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 10:15 PM, Burghard Britzke
<bu...@charmides.in-berlin.de> wrote:
> the facelets plugin is not released yet. but it is downloadable from cvs and
> can easily build and installed (see
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/JSF_Facelets_Tools_Project). it works fine for me. I
> did not know that the  trinidad suport has not been anounced. this is
> working very well, too.

I just spoke with one of the developers.
There is a plan to "generate" a web.xml/faces-cfg for "new" Trinidad projects.
That will def. lower the pain when setting up a new project ;-)

-Matthias

Posted by Burghard Britzke <bu...@charmides.in-berlin.de>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 9:56 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hello Danny,
>
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Danny Robinson
> <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> I searched back on the forums and there seems to be no mention of this, but
>> yesterday I came across an optional plug-in that brings visual editing,
>> component palette and property editing for Trinidad components to the
>> standard Web Page Editor in Eclipse 3.4 Ganymede release for JavaEE
>> developers.
>>
>> I had to go to Software Updates, Available Software, Web Tools (WTP) Update
>> Side to find the plugin, but once downloaded and my project configured it
>> seemed to work reasonably well.
>>
>> Perhaps we should add this information/feature to the Trinidad home page,
>> given there are few other component libraries that have this.
>
> +1 can you commit that ?
>

>> Related link: http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/
>> "The JSF Tools Project has added features to improve web application
>> development productivity. The release provides visual editing support for
>> Apache MyFaces Trinidad components and enables support for future JSF 2.0
>> (JSR-314) enhancements such as Facelets."

one more:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Support_for_the_Apache_MyFaces_Trinidad_Tag_Library

Source Editing  support is good, Visual rendering support is a start
and has a long way to go.

-Matthias

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hello Danny,

Posted by Mathias Walter <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi Danny,

> Perhaps we should add this information/feature to the Trinidad
> home page, given there are few other component libraries that have this.

That would be a good idea. I'm using this feature since Eclipse 3.4 M6 -
since it was implemented. :)

Mathias