Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Karma Yogi <ka...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/22 18:56:51 UTC

MyFaces 1.2.6 immediate attribute on command button - required validation

All,

  I have been using the immediate attribute on all my cancel command buttons
since MyFaces 1.1 and have had no issues with its usage. I am attempting to
upgrade to Myfaces 1.2.6 and suddenly all my cancel command buttons do not
work as intended. This is the behavior that I notice.
1) All required validations of fields fire the moment I click the
"immediate" tagged btn.
2) The listener for the cancel btn is never reached.

I cannot be missing anything in the basic usage itself because this was
working perfectly before the upgrade. So what else could I be missing ? Or
is this a bug in this version ? Some clarity on this from the gurus would be
appreciated.

FYI I have already read the wiki on using the immediate attribute at
apache.org and I am using the same techniques mentioned there

Ciao
Yogi

Re: MyFaces 1.2.6 immediate attribute on command button - required validation

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi yogi,

could you please check which version (the exact one) introduced this issue.

regards,
gerhard

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -