Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by cool girl <co...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/08 20:41:45 UTC

Free Kafka Stream Data

Hi ,

I am trying to learn Kafka. Is there any free API which I can use like
twitter? I created twitter account but looks like ti will take days before
I can use their streaming data .

Thanks
Priyanka

Re: Free Kafka Stream Data

Posted by cool girl <co...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

Re: Free Kafka Stream Data

Posted by Robin Moffatt <ro...@confluent.io>.
Hi,

Re: Free Kafka Stream Data

Posted by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com>.
Priyanka,

On Wed, 8 Jan 2020 at 20:42, cool girl <co...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I am trying to learn Kafka. Is there any free API which I can use like
> twitter? I created twitter account but looks like ti will take days before
> I can use their streaming data .

  Welcome to Kafka. If you are seeking a REST API for pubsub/streaming.
there is none yet.
The only REST API that I am aware of is part of Kafka Connect - which you
can read about from here -
http://kafka.apache.org/documentation/#connect_rest

There are also REST APIs provided under Confluent licence, but they are
probably more admin and not what you are looking for. Please visit
confluent.io to check more details.

Regards,