Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Sean Busbey <se...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/13 15:28:50 UTC

[DISCUSS] test-for-tests in precommit

Hi folks!

Given how often we end up accepting contributions despite
test-for-tests complaining about lack of changed or new tests would
anyone be opposed to me changing its vote from -1 to -0?

The rationale for discounting its -1 looked reasonable in the issues I
sampled. It usually was either some change that fixes a problem we
can't test due to limitations in our test suite or  an optimization
that's covered by existing tests.

Maybe in the future if we get to a point where we're including nightly
feature-specific cluster tests we could update it to recognize changes
to that and then turn it back to having a vote that can fail the
precommit test run.

--
Sean

Re: [DISCUSS] test-for-tests in precommit

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.
circling back on this, be aware that precommit has been updated so
that test-for-tests won't vote -1 on a contribution now. if the plugin
can't find tests it'll give an advisory -0.