Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by cm...@collab.net on 2003/06/16 03:41:04 UTC

svn.collab.net going down ...

... for upgrade to 0.24.

Re: svn.collab.net going down ...

Posted by cm...@collab.net.
Mukund <mu...@tessna.com> writes:

> On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 10:41:04PM -0500, cmpilato@collab.net wrote:
> | ... for upgrade to 0.24.
> |

> Have any filesystem specific changes (requiring dump/load) taken place
> in 0.24?

Nope.  No dump/load required.

Re: svn.collab.net going down ...

Posted by Mukund <mu...@tessna.com>.
On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 10:41:04PM -0500, cmpilato@collab.net wrote:
| ... for upgrade to 0.24.

Have any filesystem specific changes (requiring dump/load) taken place
in 0.24?

Mukund

Re: svn.collab.net going down ...

Posted by cm...@collab.net.
cmpilato@collab.net writes:

> Michael, you haven't yet posted the tarball -- do you have time to
> roll a 0.24.1?  Further, since the tarball hasn't seen the light of
> day, and announcement hasn't been sent, can we simply re-make the 0.24
> tarball with this fix in it?

Doh.  I didn't see this on page 2 of the file downloads list. :-(

I guess we'll need a 0.24.1 after all, just a branch of the 0.24 tag
plus (so far) revision 6243.  Sorry, all.

Re: svn.collab.net going down ...

Posted by cm...@collab.net.
Daniel Patterson <da...@adaptiveinternational.com> writes:

> On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 16:23, cmpilato@collab.net wrote:
> > Further, since the tarball hasn't seen the light of
> > day, and announcement hasn't been sent, can we simply re-make the 0.24
> > tarball with this fix in it?
>
> -1 to that.

Yeah, you're right.  It was a really dumb suggestion.

/me flogs himself.

Re: svn.collab.net going down ...

Posted by Daniel Patterson <da...@adaptiveinternational.com>.
On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 16:23, cmpilato@collab.net wrote:
> Further, since the tarball hasn't seen the light of
> day, and announcement hasn't been sent, can we simply re-make the 0.24
> tarball with this fix in it?

-1 to that.

The *tag* has seen the light of day, and some of us have already got
it.  Rule of thumb:  never ever change a tag (they're *supposed* to be
permanent).

Nobody minds if you have bugs (they're expected), but people mind if
things that are supposed to be permanent records end up not
being as permanent as they thought...

Bugs are *way* better than the confusion of inconsistency.

daniel

Re: svn.collab.net going down ...

Posted by cm...@collab.net.
cmpilato@collab.net writes:

> This is a new bug, introduced in 0.24, it seems.  Server is
> segfaulting.  Will debug.

Yeah, and to beat all, I think I'm the one that broke this.  Fixing,
and writing a regression test now.

cmpilato@collab.net writes:

> > This command still worked right before the upgrade (I use it all the
> > time), and 'svn help log' claims it is a valid syntax.
>
> This is a new bug, introduced in 0.24, it seems.  Server is
> segfaulting.  Will debug.

So, I fixed this bug in revision 6243, and svn.collab.net now has the
fix as a merged-in mod.  We can fly with that until the next release
occurs.

Re: svn.collab.net going down ...

Posted by cm...@collab.net.

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
cmpilato@collab.net writes:
> > ... for upgrade to 0.24.
>
> And all seems well.  Now ... GET BACK TO WORK! ;-)

Yay!  Thanks, Mike.

There does seem to be one new problem (and I have no idea when this
got broken):

   $ svn log http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/ trunk branches
   subversion/libsvn_ra_dav/util.c:408: (apr_err=175002)
   svn: RA layer request failed
   svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/svn'
   subversion/libsvn_ra_dav/util.c:81: (apr_err=175002)
   svn: REPORT of '/repos/svn': Could not read status line: \
     connection was closed by server. (http://svn.collab.net)
   $

This command still worked right before the upgrade (I use it all the
time), and 'svn help log' claims it is a valid syntax.

That's all I know right now; does anyone know the bug just from this
description?

-Karl

Re: svn.collab.net going down ...

Posted by cm...@collab.net.