Posted to bsf-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com> on 2002/12/05 22:05:09 UTC

BSF - introspection of methods/params?

Hi folks,

Apache Axis now has a BSF Provider (see commit message -
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-dev&m=103911138503393&w=2). One problem we have is that BSF
does not provide a way to introspect the list of functions/methods (and the parameters for the
functions/methods). We need this to dynamically create a WSDL for the methods/functions exposed by
the script.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks,
dims

=====
Davanum Srinivas - http://xml.apache.org/~dims/

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Re: BSF - introspection of methods/params?

Posted by Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org>.
On Thursday, December 5, 2002, at 02:05 PM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Apache Axis now has a BSF Provider (see commit message -
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-dev&m=103911138503393&w=2).

Cool.

> One problem we have is that BSF
> does not provide a way to introspect the list of functions/methods (and
> the parameters for the
> functions/methods). We need this to dynamically create a WSDL for the
> methods/functions exposed by
> the script.

It would be good to add function introspection, as it would help solve
some other issues BSF has. Shall we add it to the TODO for, say, 2.4?
Right now I'm trying to stay focused on a first release which keeps Gump
happy. 8^)

Any other opinions on this?

Chuck